Friday, March 22, 2013

Road Trip

One of the biggest obstacles along one's journey to fitness success, has been said to be traveling. Although, it is only a little over 4 hours to go visit one of my younger brothers, it's not the travel time that is the obstacle. It's staying disciplined. It's doing your squats. Your push-ups. Your sit-ups. Doing your walks and/or exercises. Keeping up on your reading/studying. Keeping up on your 5 day food journal. Keeping up on the 25-day-challenge (I'll explain below). Aslo, keeping up on your water intake. It does not only pertain to fitness success, but along this journey, the tools that Coach Cowboy helps you learn, you can apply them to trying to better yourself as an employee, a leader, saving money, anything that you would like to change. Any change you want to make requires your action. It will not just happen. Honestly, this little road trip of ours, strictly to get out of dodge for a couple of days, was impulsive. Last minute. Squeezing our budget tight. Is it a coincidence that Coach just sent me on of his daily/every-other-day inspirational messages/lesson to stay focused? I just watched it Wednesday. We hit the road on Thursday evening (yesterday). Staying focused is going to be huge on this trip. Do we dine out at all? Once? What do I eat if we do? I'm reading now about Training the Mind, Water Intake, Intensity of Workouts, Changing My Identity (to myself). One KEY to setting a goal of Fitness Success is that it's completely acceptable to learn about it and then apply it. Any drastic changes could really turn you off and then you'll lose interest. Instead, think about your exercise choices, food choices, habits you have, what you want to change, what your goals are. Then make it a point to notice them when they are in action. "That is what I used to do!" That is HUGE!!! That in itself is SUCCESS. So before I go, I'll leave you with this. First of all, thank you for the views and letting me share my journey about a week and a half in. Thank you Coach for believing in me. Thank you to my wife for the pats on my butt, or "Good Game" pats as we have been known to call them. Makes me feel like I'm with my boys. :) FOCUS! Back on track, the 25-day-challenge is as follows. Every day when I wake up: I read my goals and do my breathing. Before I go to bed, I read my goals again and ensure my homework is done. Every other day when I wake up, I add 25 squats. At some point in my day, I do my 25 push-ups and 25 sit-ups. Before I go to bed, 25 more squats. On the days that I work out with this, I have my exercise in my targeted fat-burning heart rate zone. So, if it is every-other-day, 12 workouts to lose 12 inches or more, is 25 days. I will post the goals I have written for 30 days, 60 days and 90 days. This is what I want. I have to start somewhere. Changes require action. Today, so far, 25 squats down. 32 oz of cold water down. Good porions for breakfast. I have also read my goals. The rest of the day to follow.

2 comments:

  1. Nick,

    No my friend you are taking the steps that most people do not do which is start out training their mind and slowly add the fitness portion.
    Remember, you want to complete 1 month, then 2 months, then 6 months, then you will wake up the xmas morning going I have changed my life and I love where I am at and also where I am going. The approach I have works, no other trainers, (especially the TV fitness show) do this. Why not? Because I have spent 14 years as a rodeo rider which involves the most mentally toughest sport in the world. Plus I found a mentor named Tony Robbins who is the master of mind conditioning. He has over 4,000,000 people who have done his program so he is doing something right. Keep going Nick...you are figuring out the secret to Losing weight which is "Lose the old mindset". Wooo Hoooo ... TWITA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Coach! I can feel a change with this. I find myself looking forward to what I will learn. I say no to this and that. I am making time to make sure I am working out and getting moving. I enjoyed a mile long walk today before driving back home from our road trip. Plus it was easier to drink just water during the trip in the car. Little changes, not drastic. It's actually funny because some years ago, I just got a kick and said, "I don't want to drink sodas anymore." I knew the sugar was terribly high in them. So, with the help of my 2 brothers, I cut them completely. For just about 5 years. So, I know how determined I can be. Thank you for your coaching and support.

      Delete