Saturday, March 16, 2013

Little Changes

Today was a good day.  I woke up to a positive inspiring and clarifying message from my coach/mentor Ryan "Cowboy" Ehmann.  He also announced on his facebook for everyone to take a peak at my blog.  Coming from where he's come from and what he's overcome, he put it out there that it is awesome to gather up a tribe of folks for support and motivation.  So, just over the last day or 2, I've noticed more views of my blog.  Old friends have commented, people I don't know have commented, new friends have also put in their 2 cents of support.  Thank you every body!

I've been reflecting on my last visit to my doctor for my diabetes.  I've been testing my blood every day since the visit. I am happy to see the good numbers where they should be.  Tonight, I cooked dinner for Katie and I.  Nothing special, nor nothing that would be deemed "diet food" but made the little change to use whole wheat thin pasta for our dish.  Plus, challenging myself that even though I've been fairly good with portions, could I be better.  But, that in itself is accomplishment.  I set that very little goal and it didn't kill me.  The bonus to it was my blood was 88 (very close to 90), just about an hour after we ate.  Plus, we were done eating by 6:30 pm, which is just something I've always liked to to aim for.

Also, tonight, after learning from Coach Cowboy, ha ha ha, I just made that up..., but after I read my coach's message on my blog about not being part of the 3-week-quitter-club and saving the physical exercises until we are ready to master the state of mind and knowledge, I am to do 10 girl-push-ups and walk one block, daily.  So tonight, as it cooled, I took a stroll that I would approximate as the same length of walking around a 400 meter track. Then, without hesitation, walked in the door, stripped of my shirt and pumped out with some resistance (muscle wise) 10 of the manliest girly-push-ups that my wife has ever seen!  You're welcome for the show babe! :)

But still, the walk, the push-ups, the small portion and the whole wheat pasta!  That is a good day when you get to do that stuff and spend the day with a family as beautiful as mine!  Tomorrow, I look forward to reading, reading and reading.  Then maybe, I'll read a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment