Tuesday, April 16, 2013

To Get or Not to Get a Membership?

Holy cow!  3,350 views!  That is pretty incredible.  I wonder how many of them are new viewers?  Sometimes I feel like I couldn't possibly be that interesting!  But, somehow, all them views added up in a hurry.  Could it be that when I complete my blog I hurry and log into my Facebook and tell everyone to go read it? :)  Maybe people are sharing it?  Possibly they are finding my blog on my profile of Coach's website for the Lose 12 Inches with any 12 workouts.  I suppose it could be about anything.  I like to get on here and track where the views come from.  Germany, Philippines, all over.  It's cool.  Thank you everyone!!!  Keep on reading or sharing or whatever the reason is that you keep coming back for more.

So, yesterday was the day for working out.  I've basically just used walking outside, or a treadmill, recently.  When I'm in a bind, I'll stay home and use a video.  Watching the emails that Coach sends me, he is usually in his gym and I see people in the background doing all sorts of stuff.  They are just doing whatever they can to stay in their target heart rate zone. The Cowboy Fit Zone. Lifting dumbbells rapidly, jumping jacks, lifting other weights, etc... I'd like to get to that point.  But right now, I don't know if trust is the correct word, I just feel like I more consistent with my Cowboy Fit Zone if I'm walking or on a treadmill.  Back to yesterday.  We got home at a decent hour.  I was not really motivated to working out.  I figured that I had the rest of the week to workout 3x.  As long as I got in 3 workouts by Sunday, I was good.  Even if I worked out every-other day from Tuesday-Sunday, it would be ok.

But again, Katie was like, "No.  I'll stay with the kids and you go workout."  My fear was that if I used the debit card to pay the $3.50 for the daily use fee at the closest recreation center, it would be possible to over-draw in our checking account. So, we pulled out her purse and cleaned the change out of the car.  Scrounged up $3.50 in quarters, dimes and nickels and I drove over dressed to kill it.  I did.  I got a full warm up in (if you don't know, minimum would be 5 min and a max of 12 min, below your target heart rate).  Get your blood flowing, loosen up your muscles.  Then I worked out by walking on the treadmill, picking and Interval program.  Up and down, up and down.  I usually walk 3.0 incline and 3.0 speed.  I wanted to maximize the time.  I pushed myself a little harder to work up a sweat, and try to control the amount of time in my Cowboy Fit Zone.  I immediately started at 3.5 incline and 3.1 speed.  Then after 10 min I pushed it to 4.0 incline.  10 more minutes, I pushed it to 4.5.  I kept it there for 20 minutes, then pushed to 5.0 for the last 5 minutes.  I was sweating good.  Stepping outside into the cooler air felt so good.  I felt accomplished.  For the first time in a long time, I felt proud that I pushed myself.

But I will tell you what I told Coach.  I feel like this last 28 days has been a whirlwind, between trying to figure out exercises, workouts, water, food, etc... As you all know from one or two of my previous posts, we've had some distractions.  We've had to work out when we can.  Some times that means working out last minute.  Some days, the emails I got from the coach would not pull up.  But, I feel like it would be beneficial to have a pass to the rec center for Katie and I.  I feel like we could either go before work, or after work.  Do it together.  That way it's not leaving either one of us to be the parent.  We can be the parent, because I feel like we're a good mom and dad together or alone with the kiddos.  But, still, working out together, that would be something new for us.  I think it would make it easier to enjoy.  Heck, I'll show off for my baby any day.  It would probably make me work harder!  Although, I can tell Coach just rolled his eyes and is saying in his head (or out loud, knowing his energy), "Work out smarter.  Not harder Nick!" :)

I am pleased with my effort during this challenge.  I will post ending measurements soon.  But they will not be "ending" measurements as much as they will be beginning measurements for the challenge that I'm putting on myself to do the 28 day challenge the way that I want. I'll follow the emails and homework, possibly buy some of the foods Coach has suggested.  Start integrating them into preperation.  But, like I stated, I feel I've retained more and more over the days.  I've learned a couple things. I'd like to apply them now.  I want to give it a very serious go.  I'd like to have just a month (28 days) to do it the way it's designed.  I want to say, "I DID IT!"  My family and I have accomplished so much already.  Maybe I'm seeking satisfaction in the wrong area.  I've already lost inches, which I think it awesome.  But I just feel like I can do more.

So everybody say it with me: WOOHOO!! That's what I'm talking about!

2 comments:

  1. I love your enthusiasm Nick! Remember...enjoy the journey! Think of where you will be physically a few months from now, 6 months from now, a year from now! True change comes from within and from the heart and you exemplify that! Stay focused on your plan for a better life for you and your family...oh yeah...have lots of fun too! I know I am! That's what I'm talking about! Woohoo!

    Cheers,
    Chris Weyrick

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete