Thursday, April 11, 2013

Hard Day

I'm not looking for sympathy.  I am just putting this out there because I said from the beginning of my blog, I'd share my struggles and successes.  Today was a struggle.  I'm over it now, but it has to be said.

I know for a fact that I did not get my calories.  I can recall what I ate, it was all planned.  But for some reason today, I felt like I wanted to go eat.  A lot.  It didn't matter where.  I just wanted to eat.  I didn't go eat, upon this urge.  But the entire day and on into the time we got home, I had felt like I was starving.  So I used some sugar free gum and drank some purple.

But, when I think about it. It makes me think back in day, I'd go eat whenever, wherever I wanted.  A couple of places came to mind today.  I would have probably eaten enough for a few people and exceeded my calories.  But, it helped me (easier to process, now that I feel like I've over it today), it helped me to realize that them bad choices, among others, are what created the situation I'm in now.  Having to work (I don't mind hard work), to try and learn as much as I can and maximize this time that I have with Coach.

I do not like that it disrupted my usual demeanor though.  My wife noticed it.  I don't like that it had that affect on me at all.  I was still a dad.  I helped get the kiddos ready for bed.  Late day again from work, so there was little time to spend with them.  But we decided that we weren't going to do laundry, or watch TV, or social media, or games.  We decided we were going to talk about it.  Check in with each other.  Process.

Today was hard.  But it is nice to look back at how hungry I was all day long and I didn't skip any meals nor did I binge, nor did I spend money on impulsive decisions.  Although it was very tough and I realize that I have a long way to go with nutrition and knowing what snacks I can have during the night and still stay on track, I am very satisfied.

Again, my wife, my rock!!!  I want this change for us, no me.

Short and sweet tonight.  Off to do some strength conditioning, girly push-up style. Good night ya'll.

5 comments:

  1. I'm your rock??? You are mine! I guess that means our family is being built on a pretty solid foundation! And from here on out it's just going to get stronger! I love you and I know you are doing amazing. I see it every day! -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's good you tell us about your struggles. It just means your a real person with real struggles. We all have struggles but were all not brave enough like you are to put them out there. I know alot of people reading this blog has gone through those same struggles. I know I'm definetly one of them. We have alot of similar struggles. I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way;) I dont always eat whats good for me and don't feel like working out daily but after reading your blog you have inspired me to do something! Whether that just be a little push-up or squats while I'm watching tv. Or using wheat noodles instead of regular(they actually taste good). Last night I used whole wheat rice and jeff didn't even notice. Hey it's the little things;)

    Nick you should be very proud of yourself. I know its harder when you have a family to take care of. Like I've told you before you are one of the most strong willed people I know. And when you say your going to do something you do it!!! Keep it up! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By strong willed, you mean stubborn. I hear ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicky I am so proud of you!! You can do it! I am here cheering you on! Love you guys!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nick - I have been catching up and reading your blog and inspired by your heart and wanting to be better for yourself and your family. I was inspired by Ryan Lehmann as well when I saw him on Shark Tank and decided it was time for me to take charge of my life. Stay in the fight and enjoy the journey! If you want to connect email me at clweyrick@yahoo.com.

    Cheers,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete