Thursday, May 15, 2014

24 Day Challenge: Results

Well, yesterday was the end of our 24 Day Challenge.  We measured last night and weighed in this morning. I've held you all off long enough.  If I feel up to it, I may blog a little after sharing.

But before share, let me say a little something.  I can tell you, that with today being our first day "off" the 24 Day Challenge, I was expecting to be able to jump right back into the foods that we ate before.  You know, the chips, the breads, the diet sodas, the condiments, the gravies, the grease.  Not that I had planned on going back to the way I was, but I did already tell myself that I was going to allow myself to have something, if I wanted it.  Not binge and not allow myself to have whatever I wanted, but if something caught my eye... Knowing that we put off my birthday celebration and Mother's Day celebration that we'd probably go out to a dinner or lunch.

Today though, my body was telling me when it was time to eat or grab a snack.  It was telling me that it was thirsty.  I didn't ignore what it was telling me.  I ate a little here and there.  We were fed at work today, hamburgers, salad, rootbeer floats.  None of it looked good to me, really.  I kept portions in mind. First thing I dove into?  The salad!  Then I only ate one piece of the bun with my burger that had lettuce and tomato on it.  I took a sip of the rootbeer, but tossed the rest.  You know what?  That satisfied me.  I found myself wishing I would've packed our lunch, like I've been doing the for last 24 days.  This morning for breakfast, I had a breakfast burrito.  Well, actually, I had about 1/3 of it.  I didn't dare try to eat the whole thing.  Besides, I didn't want to.  I ate my eggs, some hashbrowns, some of the ham.

And water?  I found myself getting out of my chair, not counting the ounces, but I was drinking that stuff down.  I did miss my Fruit Punch Spark drink though.  I also missed my Berry flavored Meal Shake with a banana, for my usual breakfast.

But the reason you all are checking this blog is for the numbers.  So, here you go:
Katie lost a total of 34.75 inches (all over her body) and a total of 12 pounds.
Nick lost a total of  46.75 inches and a total of 30 pounds. I weighed in this a.m. at 437 lbs.  Started at 467.

This was over a 24 day period, where we worked out in our Heart Rate Zone for 30 min, every other day.  So, you can see, the Lose 12 Inches program is true to our results.  But what don't you see?

You don't see that we were true to our word.  We said we would do the 24 Day Challenge.  We did it. You don't see whether or not we ever cheated.  You have to take our word for it.  We didn't. You don't  see that we didn't, ever, skip any meals.  Again, going on our honesty on that one.  Not one meal was skipped.  You don't see that we missed any workouts.  You don't see that, simply because we didn't skip any.  Matter of fact, both of us were not happy with the numbers that we got 4 days ago, as far as inches. I guess we were spoiled by the bigger numbers in the first 2 weeks.  :)  But, we worked out, Monday AND Tuesday, wanting to round out our 24 Day Challenge, giving it the TEAM BRAATEN effort!  We wanted to make this challenge Count!  We only get one chance at a 24 Day Challenge. You get one chance to get it right. I can tell you that the transformation I feel inside, and what I see in my wife... I'm not shocked, but I've been waiting for this moment.

I've been waiting, but not taking action.  But now that I've acted, I can see a difference. A difference in my attitude. In my effort.  In my passion.  I used to think that breaking the 400 pound plateau was not impossible, but just too much work. It used to appear to be too hard.  It was easier to sit there and do nothing.  You know what?  Now, I'm talking with my coach and my wife to figure out where I need to be in order to get skin removal surgery! We're talking with a realtor about putting ourselves in position to buy a house in the next 12 months!

You only get one chance at life. 

Today is the best day of my life. 

Take a look for yourself, rather than reading the numbers.  Here are some pics of yours truly and my truly. ;)







1 comment:

  1. Nick & Katie, I just want to send a big WooooHooooo!!!!!! That's what I'm talking about. I am so excited for you both. Just keep on keeping on. Way to go.
    Regards, Judy

    ReplyDelete