Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Max Phase Eve Eve

AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge: Day 9 - Perfection!


Katie has already worked out today.


We have just finished our dinner: Chicken Fajita Lime Salad with peas and corn and some vinaigrette dressing. Just a couple black olives for flavor. 


Only one more day of the Cleanse Phase!  This means that so far, we've chosen 9 days in a row, to do what we said we would do!


Last night, I drove to the rec center and got in a great workout!  A solid 10 minutes warm up below my heart rate zone and 35 minutes in my heart rate zone.  In the high end, but not max.  I was wearing a white t-shirt.  I sweat so much last night that you could see a face in my belly sweat marks!  I would've taken a picture, but it was just me there.  That'd be awkward asking the highschool kid at the front desk to take my picture... So, you'll just have to imagine it.


Today, Katie and I have already started discussing the change coming up.  The Max Phase is days 11-24 of the 24 Day Challenge.  The workouts will be the same, alternating days.  But overall, after having done so well...ahem... let me rephrase: But overall, after being Perfect, we are ready for the next Phase!


Really, I say perfection out of pride.  But really, I should give credit where some credit is due. It is a pretty simple plan to follow.  In all honestly, you just take your vitamins.  It tells you what time of day to take them (during your eating schedule). From whenever you wake up, to eating breakfast, or snacks.  If you work nights, then you'd base it off of what your day's schedule is like.  But seriously, I am completely confident to say it's fail safe! 


Yeah sure there are things that smell good: pizza, cheese, milk, sodas, coffee, etc... But if you know what you want.  If you know what your goal is.  If you've committed 100%, then there is not the least bit of temptation!  You know what?  You might get a little emotional over it, really.  Not like sobbing and crying tears, but a twinge of disappointment maybe?  Yeah, it might taste good for 5 minutes. It might taste great! But then the taste of guilt will stick with you.  The saturated fat, excessive sugar, the artificially made food will stick around a lot longer than the 5 minutes of this so called pleasure.


If you're on track, or have built a fitness/health savings, then sure, take a meal, or a day out of the week.  Even if you're not a fitness freak, you could do this.  If you have a record of making good choices and can be trusted (by yourself), then do what you want.  Eat that piece of fried chicken.  Drink that beer.  Eat them chips. Or birthday cake. Whatever.


Let me make my point.  I've watched a few minutes of some motivational speakers in the last few years. Hey, we all like to feel good.  But something that I heard has stuck with me.  Take a look and read this: When you break promises you've made to yourself, or keep failing to follow through, it erodes your confidence.


I will give you a hint, from what we've learned so far during our challenge: Preparation is Key!


Each of us have our roles.  We both know that I'm the "cook" in this 24 Day Challenge. Notice how I didn't say "Chef."  (That is way to close to Chiefs, as in Kansas City.... If you know anything about me, my team is Denver!)  ;)


But with preparation, we are both involved.  Katie and I both prepare the menu a day out, or two days out.  We discuss what we're getting tired of or what we'd like to try differently.  We each take on the role of watching over the kids, so that the other can get an uninterrupted workout in. When we go shopping for grocery shopping, we keep in mind that we're not there to "eat right now!"  Instead, we're planning our food for the next week.


So, if you can take anything from all of this: Be Prepared. Be Ready. Be Committed. Be Perfect To Yourself.


This is the best day of my life!


I love you Katie.  I love you Tate and Cece.  No quitting!


www.AdvoCare.com/14044214

No comments:

Post a Comment