Saturday, April 26, 2014

Day 6 of 24 Day Challenge: Birthday temptations

So naturally, you'd think you'd be surrounded by temptations on such a grand day, as today.  After all, it is my birthday.  I should be allowed to cheat, whenever the hell I want.  It's MY birthday!  I've been working hard, with my wife, at staying on track!


You know what? I have a choice. Every single day.  Today, I chose to continue the streak of perfection.


What is perfection?  Is it drinking an exact amount of ounces of water. Perfection is not eating an exact menu that is exactly the same, every single day. 


Perfection is giving it your best effort.  Every single day.  Perfection is setting expectations of yourself.  YOu can have a different menu every other day.  Or on every other meal.  Explore.  Don't make it difficult on yourself!  If you defeat yourself in your mind, you'll set yourself up for failure.  You won't set realistic expectations.  You'll focus on everything you don't like!  Then guess what happens.  Yep.  You'll cave.  Whether it's binging one day, or giving in all together and saying that it's not worth it.  You will sabotage any chance of success.  Is it worth it? 


I'm not a sweets guy.  Katie is sweet enough! (haha) :)  But seriously, I'd rather have a ribeye steak with a roll, with a side of beer.  I do like some birthday cakes.  I do like some select candy bars.  I do like some energy drinks.  I do like some diet sodas.  I'm just not a candy and cupcakes kind of dude.  I will try some stuff, but typically, sweets are not my bag. 


So on my birthday, I choose to be perfect.  I will go up and work out with 100% perfect effort.  Will I stay in my heart rate zone (www.lose12inches.com)? Who knows.  But any movement is good movement.  But if I know how to work out in my zone, then why not?  Make it count, right?


Just FYI, if you're struggling with menu ideas, here is what we ate for Breakfast and Lunch:


Catylist - 30 min prior to eating
Scrambled eggs with tomatoes (this helps if you're struggling eating veggies all day, or just cramming them in for lunch or dinner).
During the Cleanse phase, days 1,2 & 3, you can add your Fiber Drink (we use peaches and cream) to 8 oz hot (drinkable) water and add your oatmeal. (We did not do this today, as we are on day 6 and don't drink the fiber again until day 8)
Today we had: 1/2 cup Oatmeal (not instant) - added a chopped up 1/4 apple and 1 tsp cinnamon (this gave the oatmeal some flavor, but also gave me my fruit)  Cinnamon helps speed up metabolism.  (FYI, so do jalepenos.  But I don't suggest it with oatmeal) ;)


Catylist - 30min prior to eating
George Foreman Grilled chicken breast
Romaine lettuce
Balsamic Vinigerette Dressing
Roma Tomatoes
Steamed Edamame (this is a good veggie because it is protein too, but counts as a veggie)
Dill Pickles


This was quick and easy. 


Today is the best day of my life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment